Monday, April 23, 2007

Blocking

I finally got around to blocking my Jawbreaker yesterday afternoon. It's drying in the spare room as I write. I'm so excited about this sweater. I can't believe it's taken me so long to get around to blocking it (and that I waited to block the whole thing at once - I used to be so good about blocking each piece as it was finished...). It should be dry by this evening. Maybe I'll even get around to seaming it up tonight.

I have a surprise ending for the Fair Isle Jazz. Remember that thing?


It's been languishing in the WIP pile for so long and I just couldn't stomach finishing it. But couldn't rip it out either. It's blocking right now and that surprise ended may distract me from the jawbreaker one more day so I can show you tomorrow.

4 comments:

CynCyn said...

are you making a bag out of it instead? can't wait to see jawbreaker!

WandaWoman said...

I may be tempted to use the fair isle pattern again, but make a bag out of it. I have so many leftovers, I'll never use it all up, might as well use something that I already like. I'll be curious to see what happened to yours and how you accomplished it. I could totally see a fair isle front, with a striped or solid back, hmm!

Deb said...

What you have pictured is about as far as I got on my Fair Isle Jazz. It's still in the basket lanquishing.

Chris said...

Oh, the suspense!!