Monday, March 05, 2007

Sweet Tooth

I don't know that I've really talked much about this but I have a crazy sweet tooth. For the most part I try to ignore it, but there are times I simply can't resist. What's this got to do with knitting? The Jawbreaker Cardigan of course.

I saw one of these in person at the Interweave trunk show at one of my LYS and of course I know a few people that are making it (or at least planning to). I have resisted thus far, until Saturday morning when I saw the most beautiful version one of my blogless friends. So pretty and flattering. And it is knit up on fat yarn with big needles. Might just be that quick knit I've been searching for. I don't have any expectations on how long it will take me to finish but I can tell you that it only took about a day to finish the back...

Man I'm gonna love this. I can tell already. I'm using a yarn called Sheep Shop Two. It's a bulky yarn that is handpainted. Apparently it knits up quickly.

I haven't started the front just yet. Maybe I'll start it tonight. I love these quick ones.

4 comments:

CynCyn said...

beautiful color (of course). humph.

Chris said...

Gorgeous color!!

Stitchen for Kids said...

Wow, that looks great! I am almost done with the back too! I also love how fast it knits up!

What a great contest winning box!!

Jeni said...

It is so pretty I love it. I love the color too of course, but you know that! Now I must wait for yarn to get in to start mine.