Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Summer is Calling

So not that I'm not *already* working on a ton of things but the call of spring is really pulling me toward all those fab summer knits that are showing up everywhere. I picked this up the other day (though I haven't cast on just yet)





Have you seen this book yet? It's a Rowan one so not in bookstores (man, I wish the bookstores could get these some days).



I just love some of their new stuff. The pattern above is from this book. There are quite a few things in here that I want to make. Most of it is out of the Rowan Summer Tweed which I've heard mixed reviews on but have really wanted to try it out anyway.

Another great book full of summery inspiration... Fitted Knits by Stefanie Japel. seriously, this book has some wonderful patterns in it. My biggest challenge thus far has been not to cast on for about four things in it. Not only are the designs great but they almost all call for yarn I've had in my stash forever anyway. Bonus!

And of course there are a couple things on the needles already from last summer that are calling to me. Cherry in particular. I think she and I will be visiting quite soon.

8 comments:

Sonya said...

I'm hearing the siren call of summer knitting too. The Rowan stuff is gorgeous. I've heard good things about Fitted Knits, but haven't seen it yet. Maybe the library needs a copy!

knitnzu said...

Those are some nice looking patterns...have you seen the nominations for the KAL at sexy knitters club?

Wanda said...

I know, I'm ready to cast on for some summer knits too. Even though it's March, it seems like now is a good time to cast on so you can actually get some knits finished to wear during the season!

CynCyn said...

So, you've cast on for it by now, right? All the progress pics look great! Who's the ruffled one for?

Chris said...

So far I'm resisting the wiles of summer knitting - easy to do with the weather we've had here. :)

Jeni said...

That summer tweed is so so pretty, and I lied Webs didn't have it on sale, they were just saying they had it now. So that is good news. Everything looks great!!!

Cathi said...

Thanks for the Cherry mention- I totally want to make one and had forgotten about it!

Knit Eat Sleep said...

That is so you! It will look so pretty on you!! I can't wait to see the progress!