Friday, March 30, 2007

Blogiversary


Well, it's hard for me to believe but it's my blogiversary today. Year three no less. Like many people have said before me (and will say again after me), what an incredible world has opened up for me just by typing on this little blog every so often. I've met great people both in person and online, seen amazing things, and look forward to more of it for years to come.

Enough mushy stuff. Let's talk about knitting.

Since we were given a not so gentle reminder yesterday that it is not summer yet I'm stubbornly going to talk about my summery knits. So there.

What is this? Ah yes, I couldn't wait for my copy of Fitted Knits, and I've had this yarn in my stash for a couple of years now so I can make Bad Penny. The pattern is quite nice so far. The yarn is great. And other than a few hiccups with my cast on (do we ever grow out of having twisted cast ons? I mean *really) it's going along swimmingly. I'm using Candy and Tahki Cotton.


The ruffled surplice is also coming along nicely. I'm up to the sleeve shaping and hope to have the back completed in the next few days. I'm sure the rest will go really quickly so I'm pretty excited about the progress so far.

Stay warm out there. Happy knitting!

7 comments:

CynCyn said...

happy blogiversary!! I hope you cast on for the small size of BP b/c it seems to be a looser fit (at least, the examples I've seen seem loose). Can't wait to see you next week!

Kim said...

Happy Blogiversary!! March must be the month for starting blogs :)

Stacey said...

Happy Blogiversary!! Awww...I'm glad you started your blog too. It makes me laugh to think about our Klaralund meet-up. You, have yours finished. I, ripped mine out. It's the story of our knitting friendship. :)

Terri Lynn said...

Happy Blogiversay, its' so good to see all you've accomplished!

Chris said...

Happy blogiversary!! I'd love to believe we grow out of twisted cast ons... but you know, I sorta thought I wouldn't ever get zits when I was 40, so...

Kathy said...

Happy Blogiversary!

Sonya said...

Happy Blogiversary! I agree with you on the joy of the knitblog community. I just got my copy of Fitted Knits yesterday. I haven't had a chance to do much more than leaf through, but it's a great book.