Monday, February 05, 2007

Stash Enhancement Weekend

Hmmmm. Where to start... I did a little shopping this weekend. Man, was it fun too. First off I couldn't find my clapotis anywhere Friday morning. Then I had a tough day on Friday (topping off a tough week). And finally, I got my bonus check Friday. All these things combined to a great weekend for the LYS. Just doing my part to support the local business owners. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I *had* to pick up more yarn for a replacement clapotis. I'm so sad I can't find my current one but I'll live considering what I'll be using for the new one.


That would be Lorna's Laces Lion and Lamb in the Watercolor colorway. Yes, a total splurge but sooo pretty and you remember I had a bad week, right?

Then I noticed this beautiful stuff. Lorna's Laces Swirl DK in Gold Hill. MMMMmmm. So pretty. I may make a clapotis out of this but I don't really know. It's just pretty.

I picked it up originally to make Clapotis but it's so close in color to my other one (just in case I find it) that I wouldn't want two that close.

And this... No reason. Just pretty.

Finally, our dear friend was visiting on Sunday and asked me if I'd be willing to knit his father an afghan for Christmas. What can I say, he talked fancy to me and handed me cash...

The afghan I'm making is on the cover of the pamphlet on the bottom left (blues and golds). This is one of my favorite friends to knit for so I'm really looking forward to seeing what he things. The pattern is by Manos but I'm using Malabrigo yarn to make the blanket. I haven't started just yet as I want to finish up at least one of the blankets I have on the needles before I start.

7 comments:

Judy said...

Wow, you made some gorgeous choices. I am really loving the afgan colors.

Robin said...

pLooks like you had a very therapeutic weekend! Love those colors!!! That Malabrigo is sooo wonderfully soft!

CynCyn said...

all that SEX is having repercussions on your stash... it's multiplying!! beautiful choices. does it fit anywhere?

Samantha said...

Yum- what gorgeous SEX results. Hmm, that sounds wrong, but you know what i mean!

Joanne said...

You do realize that I'm lusting over your new yarn, don't you?

I'm looking forward to watching you knit it all up.

By the way... the word verification for this post was "iraqb". Just weird.

Wanda said...

Ooh, yummy yarns.

Terri Lynn said...

Just love the Lorna's for the new scarf you lost, I too lost my fave scarf this weekend....I hope someone found it and it is put to good use for the both of us.