Thursday, February 01, 2007

So what else have I been working on? Well, to be honest I have gotten very little knitting done this week. BUT, this past weekend I stopped at the shop and picked up some yarn to work on my Fair Isle Jazz. Wanda has finished hers (well, almost finished the last time I saw it) and it looks awesome! Go on, check it out. Since I started mine first I really figured this was a huge kick to get it moving again. The problem is I've lost some yarn, or at least I'm pretty sure I lost some.
The fair isle and striping parts take 2 skeins of the main color. In my little bag of goodies I only have 4 skeins. With 2 being set aside for the other side of the scarf that would leave me only 2 skeins for the entire cabled section. WAY WAY too short. I already think it's too short as it's written. So the search was on for a worsted weight yarn that would match my colors enough to make the main cable section (not that I'm cabling anything in there - I really don't know why I dislike that particular cable pattern so much but such is life). I found exactly what I was looking for.
Berroco Ultra Alpaca. Man I love this stuff. And it matches the purple I used in the fair isle bits.



So exciting. I didn't get very far in the neck section since I frogged it 4 times before I got the pattern looking like what I wanted. Should be off the needles before Spring.

3 comments:

Deb said...

Don't you have like a full time job too? How DO you get all this knitting don?????

CynCyn said...

deb is obviously unaware of the 2nd lunch concept. :) Glad you found replacement yarn... did you decide on a replacement pattern though?

Wanda said...

Oh so nice that you took out Fair Isle Jazz again. I'm glad you found a replacement yarn too. Berroco Ultra Alpaca-is that your new favorite yarn? :-)