Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Rambling on

I feel like I have made no knitting progress lately. None of my WIPs are calling my name. Even the rambling rows has felt too complecated.

On a positive, and less whiney note, I have finally gotten past the "hump" at work and things should start to slow down. Today I'm home with a head cold that won't seem to go away. This morning there were chills and a monster headache so I decided what better way to spend the day than wrapped up in a blanket sitting in the sun coming through my living room window. So nice.

I managed to get the camera out since I'm here so I can show you the progress I have made on rambling rows. It's still a fun pattern and even more so now that I'm playing in some colors I haven't included in there before. Before I started I took tracing paper and copied the pattern out of the book and colored it so I knew kind of what I wanted it to look like at the end. It's been fun following the colors I layed out and being able to make changes on the fly but knowing it will still look good in the end.

The fabric is quite a bit looser than the log cabin I did with this yarn so I think I'll end up using that fabric I bought after all. I highly recommend this pattern to anyone. The pattern itself calls for only 5 colors but just take out some crayons or colored pencil and use as many as you want. Great stuff.

5 comments:

Chris said...

Hope you feel better quickly! The afghan is looking really cool.

Sonya said...

Love that blanket! The colors just seem so fresh. Hope you're feeling better soon.

CynCyn said...

sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. i hope a day at home has rejuvenated the batteries. Blanket looks great!!

Wanda said...

Oh, sorry you are feeling bad. Is it the sickness that's been hanging around for the past few weeks? Your Rambling Rows is looking good. I'll have to bring the start of mine over on Saturday b/c I'm not sure if mine is right or not.

Stitchen for Kids said...

I love your afghan! Reminds me that I need to get mine out!

I can't wait to see the Mod on Mod in the colors that you chose!!