Tuesday, February 06, 2007

More... or Amore?

Yarn isn't the only thing that found it's way to my house over the last week. Most notably I got my hands on this gem.



Yes. It's as incredible as it's sisters. The shop still has copies so I'd suggest heading over to grab yourself one before they are all gone. There is just beautiful stuff in this book. Afraid of lace? No problem! I have found most people aren't afraid of lace. They are afraid of the tiny fiddly lace weight yarn that is usually required to make something lace. This books has tons of options and some stunning patterns. I'm in love.

And on top of that I found this on my doorstep

Amazing, astounding, and simply gorgeous as normal. You can check out a preview here if you haven't seen one yet. I must be out of the loop because I didn't even realize it was already time for a new one. I love love love it. There are so many sweaters in this issue that I want to make. And I have some Calmer practically jumping out of my stash wanting to become Foxglove. I'm quite taken with it though I have no idea why. It's not what I normally go for. Who am I to argue with my stash though?

6 comments:

Laura said...

I *knew* I shouldn't have looked at your blog. I don't know why I knew it, but I did.

Me, love to knit lace (even with super fine yarn!), and love lace sweaters. I'm done in. Need to put that Lace Style book on my wish list NOW. LOL

Laura said...

P.S. Your stash knows best. If it's aching for a certain pattern, you really have no choice but to knit it. You know that, don't you? ;-)

Chris said...

Whoa, I didn't even know of Lace Style. Oh oh. Hee hee - I have lots of lace books even though I haven't really knitted any. I just like to look at the pictures...

CynCyn said...

girl, you know i'll be getting a copy of that book ASAP. Was looking at the stash and can't wait to use the SKASKA yarn!!

Calling Kahlo said...

1. I didn't know about Lace Style. Who knew? You did. ;)

2. I am seriously afraid of lace. It looks so tempting.

Aimee said...

Thank you. Long time lurker...but until now completely ignorant of the Rowan International club and magazine. (How could I be so ignorant?) So now, in addition to not working like I'm supposed to be, I'm $55 poorer than I was...but oooo what lovely things! :)