Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Tartan

Well, just to prove it's not ALL about afghans I thought I'd show off some work on the Tartan Jacket. In order to live up to my resolution to not let anything reside without work for over 2 years on the WIP list I figured I'd better really bust it out. That, and I bought yarn to make an Einstein Coat so I'd better get this jacket done before I start the next one (yes, I know I have many many double standard - ahem - blankets - but I know you are all too polite to notice that)

I forgot how quickly this knits up. I'm on 11s or 13s for crying out loud. Once I finally figured out where in the pattern I was and how to make the beautiful slip stitching work (took about 4 frogs of multiple rows, a glass of wine, and some serious deep breathing) I got back to work on this. I went from about 4" done to a nearly finished back in just a few hours. I'm hoping to stay motivated on this because I really do still like it and would love to be able to wear it this winter.

4 comments:

Sonya said...

That is so cool! I love the color pattern.

Chris said...

That is really cool!

CynCyn said...

very cool pattern!! What yarn?

Wanda said...

tyOh, I'm thrilled that you are working on Tartan again! That is a great pattern and it's looking beautiful.