Thursday, January 04, 2007

Reading in 2006

I kept a running list of all the books I read last year and have to admit I'm quite surprised at the length of that list. I like seeing what other people have read so I figure it's only fair if I share my list.

High Five by Janet Evanovich
Hot Six by Janet Evanovich
Seven Up by Janet Evanovich
Hard Eight by Janet Evanovich
To the Nines by Janet Evanovich
Wicked by Gregory MacGuire
Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson
Eleven on Top by Janet Evanovich
Son of a Witch by Gregory MacGuire
Julie and Julia by Julie Powell
Never Have Your Dog Stuffed by Alan Alda
The Known World by Edward P. Jones
Talisman by Stephen King and Peter Straub
Black House by Stephen King and Peter Straub
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austin
Twelve Sharp by Janet Evanovich
Mason-Dixon Knitting Ann & Kay
History of Russia by Mark Steinberg
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J. K. Rowling
Harry Potter and the Secret Chamber by J. K. Rowling
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J. K. Rowling
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J. K. Rowling
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J. K. Rowling
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince by J. K. Rowling
Murders in the Rue Morgue by E. A. Poe
The Book of the Dead by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child
Cell by Stephen King
Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stephenson
Murder in the National Gallery by Marget Thurman
Empire Falls by Richard Russo
The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde
Lost in a Good Book by Jasper Fforde
The Well of Lost Plots by Jasper Fforde
A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens

A lot of these books are repeats to me. I love re-reading my favorites. I think the only disadvantage is that it means I won't get to read as many new ones. The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde is probably my favorite on the list. Wicked would be my favorite of the new books from this year. Can't wait to see what 2007 brings.

7 comments:

Leisel said...

Thanks for sharing :)

What a great idea! I hope you don't mind if I copy... I'm starting a list today.

michaele said...

I'm a big re-reader, too. There's something fun about really getting to know a book, I think.

Wanda said...

I've never read anything by Jasper Fforde. What are his books like?

Jenifer said...

Happy NY to you! Nice list! I'm too lazy to keep track of what I've read ... maybe it'd be a good habit to start (as now is the time to star!). Me, too, I re-read all the HP books last year ... and now I'm re-re-reading Order of the Phoenix (can't wait for the movie next summer!!). Great projects recently! Love the big and cozy ... reminds me that I need to pick up Lia's afghan again. And your Caftan is super cute!

Calling Kahlo said...

I don't reread a lot but I love Janet Evanovich. I still need to read Harry Potter.

Glaistig said...

Bookworms unite! I love to read lists of what other folks read :) I'm going to send some Janet E to my Mom, who is an avid mystery/thriller reader. From the looks of it, you really enjoy her stuff.

I love Stephen King and have read Black House. I can remember the imagery of that moony face Man. Yikes!

Chris said...

I love the Thursday next books! I'm waiting for my library to get "Plum Lovin'" in for a Ranger fix...