Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Just One More...

Speaking of afghans, I've been working on two that I haven't mentioned just yet. Yes. Two. The first one I started because I needed something I really didn't need to pay any attention to so that I could spend my time reading this instead of focusing on knitting.


Seriously, how can you read about a knitting group and yarn shop without knitting? So far its exceeding my expectations. I haven't come across many knitting novels I've enjoyed so this is a pleasant surprise. Anyway, back to knitting. This became a new WIP...


Yes. It's a Moderne Log Cabin Baby Blanket. Another one. I have to say I really really enjoyed this pattern. A few months ago a young girl at the shop picked out these colors. She didn't end up buying them but I couldn't get the combination out of my head. I was very cold in the shop one day and covered up with the one I made before, realized it's nice and toasty for a lap blanket, so decided I had a great reason to make another. I have to say it's much harder to talk me out of something than into it...

The other blanket I started was a Rambling Rows afghan. I LOVE this pattern. Talk about addictive. Just one more square keeps going through my head when I know it's time to put it down.

I'm using the leftovers from my log cabin blanket I finished earlier this year. I have so much leftover and my little leftovers bin is starting to spill over at the sides so I decided to do something about it. Just one more square...

5 comments:

Kim said...

I am waiting for that book to arrive(I ordered it when I preordered something else). It looks good.

I have been toying with the idea of starting a Rambling Rows with my odds and ends. I'm just waiting for a couple of WIP slots to open up(it drives me crazy to have too much on the needles--the pressure ;))

Chris said...

LOL - you're all blankets, all the time now!! I read a first chapter excerpt from that book and it was ok, but really didn't draw me in. But I've heard that it gets a lot better after the first chapter.

CynCyn said...

er... you'd think you'd be tired of knitting blankets/afghans after the big n cozy for your sis! it must be fun, if you keep making more... hmmmm (what about a blankie out of malabrigo!!!)

Wanda said...

You and the blankets! You're too much. The new Moderne colors are fabulous. That's a great idea for the rambling rows afghan b/c lord knows, we always tons of leftovers. Hmm, I think I have that pattern too. Might need to look into doing that.

Anonymous said...

I reading that book too. Not bad at all for a knitting novel!

Pam