Friday, January 12, 2007

Got it Going On - And On Going

So this past weekend I cast on for something new I haven't mentioned just yet. It has a really really boring name in the book - Scarf - but I'm anticipating a beautiful lacy finished item. I've dubbed it the Floral Trellis Scarf and it's from Victorian Lace Today.


I'm using the Claudia Hand Painted yarn I picked up on my honeymoon and that seems to be the perfect thing for this pattern.

I've been knitting like mad on Kolsva and am very pleased to have finished the front and back. It's a very quick knit and has been very fun to make so much progress on something so big.


Just a little further to go. I had intended to finish this before today but apparently didn't make it. The reason I picked today is because I decided to start Armagh today. Haven't heard or Armagh? It's the Alice Starmore that I've been alluding to all year.

The yarn is Heilo and is in two shades of green. One is very dark and called Olive and the other light, called celery. I don't intend on making the sweater as long as the pattern calls for and I want to make it a cardigan because it's pretty rare to need anything that heavy in a pullover around here. Today would be the exception of course. This morning before I left for work the Weather Channel was saying that the actual temperature combined with wind chill made it feel about -16 degrees out. Brrrrrrrrrrr.... Wish I had started this one last year.

Well, happy knitting everyone. I hope you have a spectacular weekend!

5 comments:

Judy said...

Love your Starmore. I started mine this week, Kinsale from Fishermen Knits. Definitely sweater weather today.

Sonya said...

Oh, I like that Starmore pattern. I'm planning to do Abalone as my first Starmore after the Dale of Norway KAL.

Cynthia said...

you have dates for casting on? or you just couldn't handle it anymore and you're caving?

Joanne said...

I'm looking forward to watching your progress on the Armagh sweater since it's on my list of future must-make projects.

Chris said...

That's a lovely scarf!! And wow - very ambitious on the Starmore. You go!