Monday, January 08, 2007

Besterest Weekend

What a great weekend! It got kicked off with a work from home day due to yet another snow storm. These are getting a bit old but I do enjoy the peace and quiet and, more importantly, lack of a commute. I got a ton of knitting done. And best of all, as a surprise Cyn showed up for a couple of days (she's visited so often that it's almost like she hasn't left) which was absolutly wonderful.

On the snow front it sounds like we are due for another foot (hopefully this is an eggsageration) at the end of this week so I'm really hoping for some hot sunny days to clean the roads up a bit before the next one. I've never been much for snow. In pictures it is pretty. On mountain tops it is pretty. In my yard it's a pain in the ka-tookis.

On the knitting front, I worked diligently on the ruffles scarf. I finished one skein of yarn and decided that instead of starting the second and then finishing it with enough left for gloves I'd go on ahead and make the gloves and use what's left to finish off ruffles.





I like them quite a bit. They are the fingerless gloves from Last Minute Knitted Gifts and probably one of the only things I've completely finished in a single day. Gotta love that.

Here's a progress shot of Ruffles too. It looks like you'd guess only longer than the last time I showed you.



I have to say that I love Malibrigo. This stuff is so wonderful to knit with and comes in such beautiful colors. This pattern is great too. It's simple and goes much quicker than you'd expect given all the short rows.

And on Cyn's visit, she hates photos so you'll have to take my word for it that she was here. It was a good food, good fun, good friends kinda weekend. Too bad it's Monday...

6 comments:

michaele said...

those gloves do look really cute. And given this weather, I may be tempted to make some of my own. Sorry I missed Cyn. Here's hoping the weather report is off for the end of the week. I want to save snow days for when the semester starts!!

Sonya said...

I think you guys are getting the whole country's snow!

CynCyn said...

ruffles looks awesome so far. a really nice color that's different from the norm. :) was great seeing you... hope it won't be long til my next visit!

Wanda said...

Aww, I really like the ruffles scarf. The fingerless mitts go so quickly, esp. in the Malabrigo. Malabrigo, yum!

allegra918 said...

Sounds like a great weekend! Yeah, can you believe we're supposed to get MORE snow. It *is* gettting old. People are still getting stuck on my street trying to get out of parking spots! Hopefully this nice weather we're having today will melt a lot of it.

Calling Kahlo said...

Is it Velvet Grapes colorway? I love Malabrigo. It is the bestest yarn. I keep reading about the impromptu visit-how nice.

I certainly am hoping for some snow. It was 72 degrees in NJ.