Friday, December 29, 2006

Woe of the slipper

I finished knitting up my Christmassy Slips last night. And was quite excited to look out the window today and see that I wasn't going to make it into the office due to all the new snow (darn). So I got them all prettied up



and threw them in the wash. That is when the trouble began. First I catch them trying to make a break for it after they were felted.



The squwooshing noises gave them away. As I was scolding them I noticed something odd.



They aren't the same friggin size!! Ok. Honestly, this is my fault and not theirs. I pulled them out of the wash and one felt a little odd so I thought it needed a little more time. I put it back in for two minutes (no kidding here folks, just two) and it came out tiny. Don't believe me?



Turns out it felt odd because it was already nearly too small. AARGGGHH.

I don't have enough leftovers for another slipper but that small one doesn't fit at all. Thankfully I do have another skien of the brown in my stash and might be ok on the red and green for striping. I'll give it a shot at least. They may not match but by darn they are going to fit!

7 comments:

Sonya said...

I second your AAARRRGH!

Chris said...

Whoa!! I always have the worst time when I make those clogs for myself - if I'm making them for someone else, no problem. Good luck!!!

Stitchen for Kids said...

Ohhhhhhhhh, how frustrating!! I am sorry! I am sure you will be able to fix it!

Joanne said...

Well, DARN!

Good luck fixing your slipper. I'm sure that you can do it.

Kate said...

hope it's all ok now. :) They're cute anyway. :)

Dipsy D. said...

Oy, this is really too frustrating! But I'm sure you're going to find a way to fix it - fingers crossed!
Happy New Year!

Samantha said...

Oh, arggghh is right! Hope they work out somehow! Meanwhile, happy new year!