Monday, December 18, 2006

Uh-Oh is for Afghans

Well, I finally did it. I ran out of yarn for my DS blanket. Can we say AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH a la Charlie Brown even?

I *knew* this was going to happen. Why is it we can be so good as self deception? No, no I kept telling myself. I'll have enough. Surely there is enough to finish. Deluded myself up until Wednesday evening when I got online and made the emergency rush as soon as you can order. Well, almost as soon as you can. I'm hoping to get the rest of it today or tomorrow..

It turned out to be not such a bad thing as it forced me to seam up all those columns I do have finished. This thing is dang huge!



To give you a sense of scale I left the first square on the needle (bottom left of the photo above). Yes folks, it's a full 12" straight needle. Dang.


3 comments:

Judy said...

My, it is huge. It looks very comfy though. I am sure she will love it.

Chris said...

I'm glad you were able to get more yarn!! It's pretty amazing.

Wanda said...

Oh, no, I can't believe you ran out of yarn! But you are getting closer. Hope the yarn gets in soon. You know those kids in WV need it!(heehee!)