Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Snow day

Whooo Hooo!!
As of 10am this is what my backyard looked like.



It's kept up pretty steady and I've already shoveled 3" off the the balcony once already. A few years back the balcony was so heavy it cracked the cement platform so we're pretty careful now to keep the weight off it. This whole snow day thing is particularly good since lookie what I got in the mail yesterday...

That's right. Knitting of DS blanket has resumed. Thankfully there really isn't that much left to go. I really want to make sure it's done before they arrive so they can take it with them.

Well, off to drink hot tea and knit!

6 comments:

Samantha said...

I'm having a snow day too. I meant to get into work, but when I found out that kid #1's daycare was closed, and kid #2's holiday break/ after school care center was closing early, we all three stayed in our jammies... Enjoy the day!

Chris said...

Woo-hoo! I can comment now!! :)

I'm really jealous about your snow day. Hope you're having a very relaxing time.

Glaistig said...

Snow and tea! Enjoy and knit up a storm [<-- bad pun]

Joanne said...

Happy Snow Day... and let's hope we get another one tomorrow. I went to work, but left for home just after 11am. Lots of knitting is being done over here too!

Meredith said...

Wow! I am so uber jealous that you get a snow day. We'll be lucky if we even SEE snow this year. As of right now, our grass is green and the roads are dry (so at least driving is good :) )
Hey, can you drop me a line by email? I don't have your email addy at work and I need to ask you a question. :)
Enjoy your day off!!

Marji said...

I'm jealous of your snow right now, although I know what it can be to dig out from it while it's coming down.
Here, we've got rain. ugh ;(

love those mits too