Friday, December 01, 2006

Random Friday

Today's Random Friday is inspired by all those projects I have yet to show you pictures of (or at least not in a really long time).

Let's start with the Off Center Argyle Wrap I started back in October. I worked on this diligently the day of class and the weekend after as well but haven't picked it up since then. I love how it's turning out but I screwed up the decreases and haven't wanted to work on anything that required that much attention in the last little while.



Just a little farther really and the back will be done. Maybe I'll pick it up this weekend but we will have to see. I'll be spending most of the weekend in a class with non-other than Beth Brown-Reinsel to learn how to knit her Fana. I'm really excited about this class. We'll be knitting whole, albeit small, sweater in two days including doing some *gasp* steeking. Whoo hoo!

Next up is the Wrapover Ribbed Jacket. As you can see I've made astounding progress on this one.


Or not...

And Kolsva

Bout the same...

But these are moving along just fine.


What, what? I haven't mentioned these before? These are my new Christmasy Slips. I bought the yarn for these ages ago because my current slippers are starting to get a bit holey. Now that it's getting darn chilly my feet are downright cold. I picked out the colors because I like them but realized as I was knitting them how christmasy they appear.


It's amazing what a motivator cold feet can be. My current slips, as you can see, are not holding up so well anymore. I'm hoping to get these new cute ones finished up before the weekend is over so I can get them felted and dried before we have the house company I'm expecting next week.

Whew. I'm tuckered out. Think I'll just curl up with Tami and take a nap.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least I will know someone in the class. See you on Saturday.

Susan A.

CynCyn said...

i can't wait to hear all about the class!! It appears that Ms Tami had some mail?

allegra918 said...

I really like the Argyle Wrap. What pattern does it come from, Wrap Style?

Wanda said...

Have fun in your class. That sounds like great fun. Thanks for showing the Argyle wrap. I was wondering what it looked like! With the cold weather happening, I know I would be working hard on those Christmas slips too!

Stitchen for Kids said...

How fun to see what you have been working on! I love the new slips! I have some to finish up for my Wisconsin nieces for Christmas ~ I better hurry up with it being Dec 2nd and all!

Glaistig said...

Ha, you crack me up with the progress picture quotes! Steeking sounds like it will be a fun adventure! Tami's got the right idea. Cats always do. :)

Chris said...

Tami looks darn comfy... I need to make myself a pair of slippers - just wearing socks is NOT cutting it anymore! Brrrr. Are you using the FT clog pattern?