Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Of Birthdays and Men

DH loved his new hat. In fact I've not seen him outside without it on and the day he got it I didn't see him inside without it on. He was funny about it too, because when he got hot he pulled it up so it rested on top of his head without actually wearing it. I guess he qualifies for additional hand knits.

Our friend got his hat two days before (I hate waiting when I know they'll really like it) and once he saw DH's hat he leaned over to me and whispered conspiritorily that his hat was better than my hubbies. Very funny stuff. The fire clapotis went over very well too. I love it when it works out so well.

Now just to get that blanket finished before my DS drops by... Wish me luck!

5 comments:

CynCyn said...

ouch. your december is riddled with b-days and xmas, huh? you give good gift, I guess, b/c i love my b-day gifties too!

Meredith said...

Yay! Glad the gifts went over so well! Your DH looks really happy and the hat really suits him. *big grins*
Good luck on the next gift for your DS!!

MarlyKnits said...

My husband has been wanting a hat for a while now but I think I should finish one promise at a time. If you don't know what I mean, you need to check out "the nemesis!

So happy that your DH loves his hat. Doesn't that just feel good?

MarlyKnits
www.knitthing.blogspot.com

Wanda said...

Yay! I'm glad the gifts all went over well and that dh likes his hat too. That's sweet that he's wearing it all the time.

Chris said...

Yay! It's always fun to discover people who love getting handknits.