Thursday, December 21, 2006

couple of new wips

Here are a couple of new WIPs that I've mentioned but not shown you pics of. First off are the Endpaper Mitts. Man I love these. I can't wait until they are finished!

They are really quite simple. And sooo pretty. They are on hold for a little while again since I have DS yarn in and am working on her blanket. Of course, with the snow days I may be done with that sooner than I though. Whoo hoo!!

The other new WIP is the ruffles scarf from Scarf Style. I've been eyeballing this shade of Malibrigo for a few weeks now and figured out I only need two skeins to make ruffles. Velvet Grape Ruffles anyone?

Very simple and very portable. I like working on this in a group. It's a bit annoying to turn it so I get to practice knitting backwards. It's good practice since I don't want to forget how to do it. Never tried it? It's actually quite simple and sounds much worse than it is. I found this tutorial immensely helpful. This one looks like a good one too and covers purling backwards as well.

5 comments:

Chris said...

Do you have another snow day today?

I have to refresh my memory on knitting backwards... Looks like a really cute scarf!

Cynthia said...

ruffles, huh? and I knew you weren't gonna hold out too long on those endpaper mitts! (great colors, by the way!!)

Sonya said...

Both of those are such great projects. I'm printing the endpaper pattern as we speak. I'm bookmarking the tutorials too. Such a handy skill, but I don't use it often enough to remember how the next time.

Wanda said...

You're making great progress. Congrats on getting more yarn for your sister's afghan. I didn't know they were coming out! How great for you. Love those 2 colors for the endpaper mitts and only 2 skeins of Malabrigo for the Ruffles scarf! Cool!.

msfortuknit said...

You knit wonderfully!