Friday, November 17, 2006

Random Friday

For those fans of Last Minute Knitted Gifts (a.k.a. Oh Shit! Gifts) there is another item of interest out there for those crafty creative folks. A Last Minute Fabric Gifts full of fun little ideas.

In search for a shawl pin? I've been on a kick for these for a little while. I've found a few that are quite wonderful. The ram shown here is from this collection. These are a little more ornamental than I usually like but they could be very pretty holding together a no-button cardi. And these are unique and quite amazing.

Good ol Wisconsin. What a wonderful tribute to Elizabeth Zimmerman. I don't know if they are allowing any photography at the show. I'd love to hear more about it if anyone out there in blogland makes it.

In FO news, Mr. Hat is done.

I tried to show Tami but she was far more interested in the toy mouse I put in the hat than the hat itself. Imagine. I handed it to DH to see what he thought. He put it on and said "Perfect. You should probably make our friends a little bigger." So much for that generous spirit... Ha.

I've also finished up the front of the Caftan pullover. It wasn't too difficult considering the very large section that is worked later on. I went ahead and cast on for the sleeves (both at once, you better believe it) to keep the momentum going on this project. Not that it's hard to work on this one, just that it's easy to pick up so many other things too.

1 comment:

CynCyn said...

the kaftan looks great, even if a large piece is 'missing' can't wait to see it finished.
was great to hang out this weekend! miss you already. :(