Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Lucca Flap

Lucca came along quite a bit over this past weekend as well. The front flap was really fun to knit up.



And really pretty. I was totally off gauge so I hope it all works out ok. The bag itself has almost a ribbed effect from the cables and stretches out wide enough that it won't look totally stupid, but I am a bit concerned about how it will look with stuff in the bag streching it down instead of wider. I may be a bit paranoid and it will be fine though. Just the handles left. And the sewing of course. Whoo hoo.

5 comments:

Kim said...

It's turning out great--I can't wait to see it in person :)

CynCyn said...

dang. you finished that up pretty quick... are you planning on lining it?

allegra918 said...

It looks great! Nice pattern and colors

Stacey said...

I say you should probably add a lining and that will stop some of the stretching as you use it. And you know you're going to want to use it...it's so cute! Why did I decide not to knit this? :)

Glaistig said...

That is so pretty!! I'm no expert but I agree with Stacey - I bet a lining will elininate any worries about stretching.