Monday, November 27, 2006

Been knittin

Hope everyone had a great Turkey day. I had a great knitting weekend. Or at least I spent a good deal of time with my knitting. There was quite a bit of hanging out, chatting, and eating too.
I managed to make great progress on DH scarf. I have been working on it every chance I get. Which wasn't as often as I'd have liked since DH was spending so much time with me this weekend. What a catch 22 that turns out to be. Ha.

I love the way it is turning out though. I'm using the same stitch pattern that was used in the hat but I've added some subtle striping. He hasn't stopped hinting about a hat so I'm pretty excited to be able to finish this before his big day. I've still got two weeks but I really want to have it done by the end of this week.


Speaking of birthday presents, I keep forgetting to show off this beautiful basket that I got for my birthday (yes, it's taken me a long time to get that photo taken and uploaded - let it bear no reflection on how great I think the gift is).


The basket is way cool with a drawstring. I love how the tops on these kinds of bags just allow you to put more stuff in there. I also got this great mohair/silk blend laceweight yarn is a gorgeous shade of green. It's made by Habu Textiles and is so soft and lovely. I haven't decided what to make with it yet but I'm sure whatever it calls out to me to be will be wonderful. Thank you so much!

On a side note, we had dinner with our friends that I made Mr. Hat and the Fire Clapotis for over this past weekend. The guy asked me how much it would cost to make him a hat. Heehee. I pulled a Dr. Evil, pinky and all, and told him a million dollars. Now I really can't wait to give them their gifts.

4 comments:

CynCyn said...

new tablecloth? I'm sure DH will be so surprised that you managed to sneakily gift knit for him. I'd be tempted to go with a gag gift first. :)

allegra918 said...

Great basket! And you gotta love the Habu.

Chris said...

The scarf is so, so cool!!

Wanda said...

I love that you've made so much progress on the secret scarf! So cool. I love surprises. That is so fun about the couple you were making the scarf and hat for. Especially since they have no idea.