Monday, October 09, 2006

Sunday progress

Well, I seem to have had a productive weekend on the knitting front. I finally finished those socks I've been working on for what seems like forever.

I like them a lot. I haven't decided just yet if I'll cast on for a new pair. For certain I will be making the whole pair at once from now on. I'm leaning toward the Snake Skin socks from the Six Sox Knitalong group if I do start a new pair but we shall have to see how motivated I feel about socks in a few days.

I managed to get a better picture of the Moderne Baby Blanket. I did stripes in the border Mostly in order to see if I could get away with using a single skein of the purple - a.k.a. Color A - which I was able to do. Whoo hoo.


I let one of the LYS borrow it for a store sample since nobody it might go to in the future is pregnant right now. It's really fun to see other people using it as inspiration. Very gratifying.

And over this weekend I knit up with little pumpkin basket. The pattern is a loose one from Karen Gress. Very cute stuff! Had to make one to hold candy for the kiddos.

I knit almost the whole thing on Saturday afternoon but had to get some more needles to finish the top so I didn't finish everything up until Sunday evening. I'll be felting it tonight and will shoot for a better photo for tomorrow.

Hope everyone had a great weekend. Back to the daily grind...

5 comments:

CynCyn said...

look at you!! all productive and finishing and stuff. love the socks. great colors for the blankie...

Kim said...

Hurray--you finished some socks just in time for Socktober too!

I like the color. The baby blanket is cute to--the colors are great!

And the pumpkin. . .I like the top and can't wait to see the felted finished product.

Wanda said...

Such cute socks. Love that you finished them!

Chris said...

Your Moderne turned out great!! I'm still in the weaving in ends phase, which means I'm dawdling. :)

Cute socks, too!

Stitchen for Kids said...

I just love your Log Cabin! I am glad you had a good time at your Birthday party and shopping at the LYS!