Friday, October 13, 2006

Random Friday

Favorite quote of the week: "If you're going to knit, you need yarn..." found here

There are plenty of places that make this yarn acquisition easier. Webs, for one, has Classic Elite Skye Tweed on overstock and clearance for a great price. Fabulous worsted weight tweed anyone? Um... yes, I bought some... Head over quick while they've still got a great selection.

I was tagged by Joanne the other day to show where I work. We've got a policy against that at work so I'm showing off my home office. There more items of interest in my home office anyway.

I didn't clean off the desk so it would be more realistic. Yeah, that's it. There is little in my house that doesn't show how much I adore knitting and yarn. We've got some wound skeins of yarn, the ball winder and swift off to the right of the photo. I've got a little candle in the upper right with a Knit tag on it. The paperweight near the middle of the photo is made from sand poured into a glass container and made to look like the desert. I got it as a kid at the Grand Canyon. And of course my surfing alien under the monitor is just there for fun.

To the left of my desk is my filing cabinet decorated with a singing pig and basket of yarn. It's Debbie Bliss Cathay and Adrienne Vittadini Dianna for the madly curious out there. Did I say singing pig? Ah yes, I did. It sings "My Girl" and is a hoot to watch. Yes. I am that silly.


3 comments:

CynCyn said...

oh. the tag was for where we 'work' work? then i'm exempt, since i don't really work. i thought it was for our knitting. hmm... will need to reread. is the singing piggy new? i don't remember that...

Wanda said...

The singing pig is quite hilarious! Happy Birthday Chica! You are just evil with the yarn sale stuff, but I am resisting the tweed, although I did go take a look at it and was tempted by the sky blue color . . .

Chris said...

Happy birthday?? :) The singing pig is cute!