Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Fire it up

Apparently Mondays are for being busy as hell. Good thing it's Sundays that are for finishing...



Yes. It's true. I finished up the clapotis I was making for my friend. Even wove in ends. She won't get it until Christmas but it's been checked off the list. Whew. I love love love how the bamboo looks in this pattern. It has incredible drape and the color red is phenomenal.


It took just over two skeins. I could have made it in two if I had made it a touch narrower and planned ahead a bit but it's fine. I'm sure I won't have too much trouble figuring out what to use the leftover red for. There is a great shade of turquoise at the LYS that has been tempting me for a while now. Hmmm...

9 comments:

Stacey said...

oooohhh, aahhhhh...it looks purty! I think you definitely need one for yourself:) Happy Halloween!

CynCyn said...

i know you've got a variegated, but you don't really wear it much. the bamboo in the turq./jade color would be stunning, IMHO.

Calling Kahlo said...

Sweet! That is one beautiful clap. I felt so honored to meet Kate Gilbert at blogger meet up in Rhinebeck for a half a second nod from the person standing next to her (still very cool).

Wanda said...

That is gorgeous. Your friend will love it! I especially love that red color.

allegra918 said...

The clapotis looks great! I love the color! I have yet to make one, but it's on the list...... I look forward to seeing the one for you!

Terby said...

I know they've become a bit of a cliche, but I really like the clapotis. Your bamboo version is really gorgeous!

Glaistig said...

That color is so rich, like a cabernet! Clapotis is such a classic pattern. Lovely!

stitchenforkids said...

I love it! Your friend is very lucky ~ it will be the best Christmas present she gets!

Chris said...

It looks great! I'm sure she'll love it.