Tuesday, October 17, 2006

29 Again

What an excellent birthday I just had. I turned 29 again (what can I say, it's a good year...) and had a lovely time hanging out with some wonderful people.

And got gifties too, of course. The Helens Lace is in the color Aslan and is the only thing I've gotten so far with the gift card to the yarn store (do people know me well or what?). The rest of the dough is burning a whole in my pocket, as the saying goes, but I want to buy something special with it and the right thing hasn't jumped out at me yet. I'm thinking I'll find some serious motivation when the new Interweave hits my door though. The Sweater Stone and very pretty brownand blue yarn were surprises from my dear Cyn (thank you again - man I miss you!) and Wanda got me the teas in the background along with some other wonderful treats that didn't make it into the photo. Not that I ate them all already... Hehehmmm. Nothing. DH managed with the flowers (very good job and a wonderful surprise) as well as paying for a knitting class I really wanted to attend. Beth Brown-Reinsel no less. It's not until early December but boy am I looking forward to that!

K. Enough bragging. Knitting tomorrow if we have power. It's been snowing like crazy today. Can't wait to see how much sticks. Good luck on the drive home if you've got to drive through this muck!

6 comments:

CynCyn said...

Your DH did very well! Who helped him find the class? (is it through AKP?) I"m glad the gifties got there ok, I was concerned. You've been eyeing that aslan.... forEVAH.
i miss you too.

allegra918 said...

Happy Birthday Michelle! Nice stash enhancement, and I love Numi Tea!

Wanda said...

Glad it was a good day for you! You deserve nothing but the best. The brownand yarn is beautiful. Cyn did a good job!

Glaistig said...

Happy Birthday Fellow Libra!! What lovely gifts :)

Chris said...

Belated happy birthday! You got some great birthday stuff. :)

samantha said...

Happy birthday :-) I'll be 29 again myself in 2 months.