Wednesday, September 06, 2006

That knitting content I mentioned

Ok. Time to fess up on the knitting front. I bought some yarn before I left to make a log cabin baby blanket. It's time to replenish the back stock of baby blankets for all those friends and family I expect to be expecting.

But I got started we needed to mail a big box of wedding stuff to my parents house and this batch of yarn became padding for the glassware (better than bags of air, wouldn't you agree?). Since the yarn was no longer available and I had to have airplane knitting I got some more yarn to make the modern log cabin baby blanket from the Mason-Dixon Knitting book.

It's a modern blanket so I opted to follow the Mason-Dixon idea of non-traditional colors as well. Like any good knitter I brought more knitting with me than I had any chance of finishing during the vacation. I did manage to get quite a way through the baby blanket and am still having a great deal of fun knitting on it. I love how mindless it is and I foresee this becoming my group knitting project for a little while.

So far I don't think I'll end up needing anywhere close to the yardage called for in the pattern. I'll be sure to share the actual requirements once I get done. So fun and very cute.

7 comments:

CynCyn said...

SOO very cutte. Not a big surprise, I know, but I love the colors you chose.

Chris said...

Great colors! I'm working on the border of mine.

Just a heads up - the numbers for Block 9 are totally screwed up and I don't think there are corrections. Instead of picking up 54x2 stitches, you need to pick up 63x2. You do knit 54 ridges, as noted in the pattern.

At that point, I calculated all the stitches and figured out that, in the end, the long sides would be 204 stitches wide and the short sides would be 144 stitches wide, if that helps.

Stacey said...

I love the modern baby blanket! I'm thinking that it needs to get added to my to do list soon! I think that I need one in pink and orange and brown?? Hmmmm, I like that idea!

jeni said...

Oh it all looks so good!! I will be interested to see how much you use for the baby blanket, since well I had to order more yarn for the one I am making as well.

Glaistig said...

I really like the color combination you chose! I swear, I stand in front of the Lamb's Pride aisle at my LYS forever trying to pick colors.

Stephanie said...

I can't BELIEVE I go AWOL for a month (and a half) and you went and got MARRIED!!!! Wow!! Congratulations.

And, your colors are very nice. :)

Wanda said...

I love the colors you chose for your moderne baby blanket! Looks awesome. I hate seeing that you started one, now I want to too!