Friday, September 15, 2006

Random Friday

Eh. What the hell. I'll jump on the random bandwagon. I love reading them so why not share the wierd things I come across through the week with you guys.

Don't feel like knitting your own coasters? I came across a ds article post on handmade pottery coasters called Knitware that look knitted. Very cool!

How about a couple of galleries of crocheted hyperbolic models? There's also a couple of coral reefs and individual peices of crochet coral. Hmmm. Stashbuster ideas forming... Or maybe not.

Love learning new stuff but don't want to go back to school? Check out the Teaching Company. They sell lectures from different professors on an incredible range of subjects. They prices are a bit steep but compared to a college class it's not bad at all. The one I'm listening to now is The History of Russia: From Peter the Great to Gorbachev with 36 lectures. Very interesting and the big bonus... no tests required. :D

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Chris said...

Those are great randoms! How cool are those coasters? Heh, the one thing I really want to learn right now is ASL, and I'm thinking the Teaching Company might not be quite right for that...

Joanne said...

Very interesting teaching site. I'll be checking it out more thoroughly.