Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Leapin Lizards!

It's here! I'm so freakin excited. What's here you ask?


It is all for leapin lizards. I ordered most of this from Wool Needle Work (gotta love their prices) and a little bit from Webs. It's so pretty. I keep working on this but I'm moving pretty slow on it. One reason is the baby blanket I've been working on. I'm close enough to the end that I have a hard time working on anything else, and another reason is that this is so pretty just like it is.

Stacey, smart one that she is, has decided to knit hers in strips so there is less finishing work at the end. This would be exceptionally smart of me to do as well but I've never claimed that I don't do things the hard way sometimes. I think it'll be fun to arrange the squares at the end so this means I'll end up with 24 separate block, 100 hours of finishing time, and a beautiful afghan. Nothing is too hard if you want it badly enough, right? (Don't quote me on that. Please.)

7 comments:

Judy said...

Oh, no, a source I was not familiar with - gasp. What a selection. I'll be visiting again soon.

CynCyn said...

it's a smorgasboard of noro. sigh. and as for doing square by square... that's so you have something to do on Sunday's right?

Chris said...

I'm pretending I didn't see any new yarn sources there... Finish the baby blanket and be free!!

Wanda said...

Wow, look at all that Noro. Sigh, it's beautiful! Leapin' Lizards sounds very addicitive.

Stacey said...

You got it!!! Wow...isn't Noro just so pretty?! I can't wait to see how it all gets arranged...I'm not convinced that my way is the best way by any means. Then I start thinking about all that seaming and I kind of go nuts. I guess I'll stick with my way:)

Stitchen for Kids said...

You got the mother load of yarn in the mail!! How exciting!! That could turn any bad day into a great one!!

Samantha said...

I just got my 1st lizard ridge square done- and I am doing something wrong when I wrap and turn. I didn't understand how to work the stitches together, and you can tell. sigh. Time for a lunch trip to the lamb shoppe.

All your Noro is making me drool!