Tuesday, September 05, 2006

In one piece

Whew. Made it back and all in one piece too. The wedding went off without a hitch (that I'm aware of) and it was a beautiful day. I don't want to kill you all with a ton of pictures but I really like this one so I thought I'd share.




The honeymoon was also fab, as honeymoons should be. It rained a bit and Ernesto did interrupt some of the touring plans but it worked out just fine as I managed to get us into a yarn shop that day instead. Mwahahahaha. DH was very cute about it all and insisted I buys something. Gosh. I wasn't going to argue. The shop was a sweet little shop. It was right next to a wooden bridge, which is startlingly loud for someone that's never heard cars go over one before. The owner was kind and helpful. If you are ever in the Harrisonburg, Virginia area I'd highly recommend a stop in at Rocktown Yarns.




We did quite a bit of hiking and touring while we were up there. I totally thought of you guys. Who wouldn't think of knitting pals at the Lace Waterfalls?


This one's for you Michaele.

It's very good to be home. I hope to be a bit more consistent with blogging now that all this is behind me. It was such a relief to have it done. I promise to post some knitting content tomorrow. I do actually have some to share. Take care!

17 comments:

Bookish Wendy said...

Beautiful picture. Congratulations!

CynCyn said...

you look gorgeous and DH looks very handsome (not to mention happy!) in that pic. Glad the ceremony AND honeymoon were everything you wanted them to be. Welcome home!

Stacey said...

That picture is gorgeous...and so are you with your hair all up and decked out with flowers! Congratulations again...and I'm glad you're back. So fun that you made it to a yarn shop! I love it! You'll always remember that yarn as the honeymoon yarn:) See you in a bit for "lunch". (otherwise known as knitting time!)

Chris said...

Congrats!! That picture is STUNNING - thanks for sharing!

Christina said...

The picture is beautiful. Glad to hear that everything went so well. Congratulations!!

Cathi said...

Love the pictures! I hope to see more! Glad you got home alright and had a great time. Congratulations!

Deb said...

You look amazing! Welcome home and glad to hear all went well.

Kim said...

Glad everything went well--what a beautiful bride you were!! See you soon :)

Jenifer said...

Wow, how exciting! Looooooove the photo, and can't wait to hear more! :)

Anonymous said...

You are just gorgeous in the picture!!! Congratulations!

pam said...

What a gorgeous picture on the beach. You are a stunning bride!!!

Stitchen for Kids said...

You are such a beautiful bride! I love the flowers in your hair, the back of your dress and they way the dress is flowing ~ perfect for the beach!!

Congratulations to both of you!!

Can't wait to see you and more pictures!!

jeni said...

You have to show more pictures, that one is beautiful!! I am so glad everything went so well, we thought of you last weekend during the wedding!

Glad you are home!

Wanda said...

I definitely want to see more pictures. So glad everything went well and that you made it back! You look beautiful in the picture, esp. with your hair up with the flowers, very nice. DH looks so handsome. Hope you all had a great time and look forward to seeing you soon!

Brianne said...

You look beautiful!!! Congratulations! ♥

Glaistig said...

Congratulations!!! May you spend many, many long years together :) What a gorgeous couple you two are. *sigh* How romantic. . . . I love Stacey's idea of "honeymoon yarn"

Joanne said...

What a beautiful picture. You both look wonderful, and happy. Congratulations to both of you!

Glad you found a yarn shop on your honeymoon. That's very special.

Hope to see you soon.