Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Finished!!

Whoo Hoo. Finally a FO. The KC Mystery Shawl was a blast to knit (though by the end we are talking nearly 500 stitches per row - ugh!) and I can't wait to wear it around.

Sorry about the lighting. It's not so great. But you can see the pattern in it pretty well. I used Lorna's Laces Shepherds Sport in the colorway Watercolor. I love how it fits. It really feels like it will stay on all by itself. No coercion with pins or needles required.

Amazingly I have not yet cast on anything new to "fill in the slot" though I'm giving serious consideration to the Print o' the Wave stole and some Plain and Fancy wool I got at Estes this year...

And what of the Mystery Stole? I think my friends that this knit will die a quick and painless death. I liked the pattern when it was being released but now that I have the whole thing I can't seem to work up the momentum to finish it. I have sooo much of that lovely yarn that I think the mystery will end up being which pattern do I choose to use it on. I'm leaning toward something very large from A Gathering of Lace but I think it will be something that won't make the scene at least until next spring.

6 comments:

CynCyn said...

wow! so pretty! took me a minute to figure out how you were wearing it. Something to wear at work other than your fleece, huh?

Sheila said...

Very pretty, Michelle!!!!

Is that pattern available somewhere or did you have to be part of the KAL to get it?

smz

Wanda said...

Oh, I love how it turned out! It looks great! Of course you know I love the color. That can definitely be worn on the shoulders with no problems. Great job.

Chris said...

It looks great! And what's not to like about a shawl that stays on??

Glaistig said...

The colorway and shape are gorgeous! Don't you love it when an FO fits perfectly with no fiddling required? Congratulations on finishing another lovely creation!

Samantha said...

it looks fantastic!!