Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Cleaning House

I don't know if it's the chill in the air or the weight from my shoulders but I'm feeling very inclined to clean up with WIP list I've got going. I mentioned the other day that Mystery Stole was no longer to become a FO but I've not mentioned any of my other plans for that list. Maybe I should just run through it.

  • Big and Cozy - Actually working on this again. Thank heaven for cool evenings.

  • Cherry - I think she'll end up on hold until Spring. I really really want to make this but with things cooling down I really really want to make some sweaters more.

  • Fetching - Right. So I discovered this isn't something I could make in an evening. I'm over that disappointment and need to just finish the second one. I will. One day.

  • Evergreen Aran - I probably don't want to talk about this one...

  • Fair Isle Jazz - I got up to the cable section and it all just fizzled for me. I don't care for the cable pattern. My plan is to dig a pattern out of Stichionary 2 that I do like and use it instead. This is actually pretty high on the list of what I'd like to start working on for the fall.

  • KC Mystery Lace - FINISHED YEAH!!!

  • Lace and Ruffles - On hold (again) for the spring.

  • Moderne Log Cabin Baby Blanket - Working on diligently. I need to show you another picture although it seems to be growing at a much slower pace now that the squares are so large.

  • Mystery Stole - RIP

  • Seat Cushion - Just need to felt the bugger. I'm thinking I may have to follow Jeni's lead and turn Sunday's into finishing day for the next few weeks.

  • Sensational Sock #1 - Right. This actually comes out of the bag on rare occasions. I think I'm nearly done on the cuff of sock 2 but I may be deluding myself.

  • Strassy - Strassy, like Mystery Stole, is destined for the frog pond. I finally woke up and realized as much as I like this top I would never in my wildest nights actually wear it. It's just not me. So I think I'll end up with another Tivoli (because I *adore* my first one) and sew all the fun little beads on it. Cute, huh? Don't look for it soon. Prob another Spring idea.

  • Tartan Jacket - Really Really need to work on this. I love this jacket still. I just need to drag it out of the bag on occasion.

  • Thrummed Mitten - Um. Yeah. I'll finish that this year. I hope.

  • Weekend Satchel - See note about Sunday's are for finishing. Normally I'd have taken this off the list since it's in usable condition. I keep it here for guilt purposes so I really and truly finish it.

Ok. There's the update and the plan. For now. I have three things in mind that I want to cast on for but am holding out. We'll see how long that lasts. Ha.

4 comments:

Stacey said...

Whoa, dang. That's a big list...and it makes me feel okay about my list that is just as long, if not longer! Maybe I'll get brave and post one of these lists soon.

Chris said...

*happy sigh*

I feel better now. ;)

CynCyn said...

maybe you and jeni should switch off hanging out at each other's house, make each other work on something on your finishing lists.
i don't want to start listing my "to finish" list.

Wanda said...

Girl, I got nothing on you! At least if you know certain knits will be on hold and others need to be ripped, it's good to go ahead and do that and get rid of those. And get some others finished! Can't wait to see what becomes the next FO!