Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Sittin' Here Learnin'

This past weekend I had the pleasure of attending a class from Donna Druchunas. She is developing the class to teach some of the techniques she learned to go with her new book Arctic Lace (which comes out in October).

The class was neat. I learned a few new tricks and had a great time hanging out with some great folks.

The book seems very cool too. Donna has a great page on her website that talks more about what is in there. I'm most interested in the history she has in there (something I enjoy when I'm not being tested on it). The patterns are really pretty as well. They run the whole gambit from easy to very difficult.

3 comments:

Deb said...

Ooooooh - I would have loved the. I'm a total lace freak. Her book looks very cool (no pun intended).

Chris said...

Thanks for the heads up on the book!

CynCyn said...

so, i was thinking... about how i get obsessed with lace, and it's summer, and that's my reason, right? but up there in the arctic, they knit lace? why? ohh... they knit it in QUIVIUT. Ah! Glad I can knit those patterns in our plain old laceweight yarn.