Monday, July 31, 2006

Clue 2

While I'm getting completely smoked by some people with progress on the Mystery Stole, my resolve has not waivered and I continue to work happily along on Clue 3 (we got clue 4 last Friday to give you an idea of how far behind I've fallen). Here's a shot of where the stole was upon completing Clue 2.



The pattern is very pretty. I hear many people are a bit disappointed with the vast amount of stockinette in the stole. I'm really very happy with it. It's easy knitting and it really helps the pattern shine through. Rumor has it that Clues 5 and 6 will be far more intricate than the last three have been. That should make them happy. Me? I'll be happy if I finish this bugger this year. I have only been working on one half. That blue yarn at the bottom is my provisional cast on so even after I get through Clue 6 I have to start over and go the other direction. Good thing it's a fun knit. Ha.

5 comments:

CynCyn said...

but the yarn and color is so pretty... who minds knitting it twice? and eventually, you'll catch up to me. i haven't touched it... still on clue 3.

Stickchicky said...

I love your stole, and you are moving along quite nicely. Don't worry, clue's three and four will go alot quicker for you. I (with four children under 10) was able to kick some catch up butt on those two clues, and am happy to report I'm done both sides (sorry). Keep truckin' it will get done

Wanda said...

Eh, you're getting there and it is looking lovely. It's almost convincing me to knit it, maybe one day!

Chris said...

It looks good! And you're not THAT far behind. :)

Joanne said...

It's looking very pretty, Michelle, and if I know you... the knitting will be meticulous. I'm only hurrying along as I have knitting to do for my classes and for Donna. Isn't the stole a fun knit?