Friday, July 28, 2006

Cherries on Top

Cherry is another top I've got in the works. I'm really excited about this one. It's been a fun knit so far and the pattern is well written. I did grab another skein of the yarn I chose as the designer has gotten several complaints from people that they ran out of yarn using her requirements. Here's a progress shot for all you photo fans.






I am using Rowan Wool Cotton to make mine and on my monitor this color is pretty true to the actual color. I hope it knits up as quickly as I think it will.

On a sadder note, I checked the gauge on Strassy and it turns out with my current gauge it will be entirely too small so I've decided to frog her and go up two needle sizes. It will still run a little small from the pattern instruction but it's better than having it not fit...

3 comments:

kelpkim said...

that is one seriously cute top! i can't wait to see more!
i might have to buy that pattern for myself too...
have a great weekend!

Chris said...

Well, at least you caught the gauge problem before it was done, right?!

Wanda said...

That Cherry pattern is way cute. I love it. I love the color you've chosen too. Too bad about Strassy, but hopefully Strassy Redux will be just what's right!