Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Charlotte


Charlotte_0134
Originally uploaded by michellewayne.

Whoo Hoo. It's amazing what you can accomplish when you do nothing but knit for three days straight. I managed to finish up Charlotte a few minutes ago. I love how it turned out. I was a bit concerned about the blue around the outside only because of how much yellow was in it already but I really like how it balances out with the pink at the top. I did a picot edge that looks much more like a ruffle to me than picot. I haven't blocked it yet (or woven in the ends). I just had to get a picture up to share first. Can't wait to see yours!


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is gorgeous! I, too, am working on a Charlotte's - my kind of lace knitting = bigger needles. I need to research what a picot edge is.

Pam S.

Wanda said...

It turned out so pretty. All that worry for nothing! Yay you.

wendy g said...

Michelle,
Charlotte is beautiful! Great job.

Cathi said...

It looks great! Hope I get to see it in person some time soon!

Samantha said...

It looks just gorgeous!

jeni said...

It looks amazing you are a super crazy fast knitter!!!

CynCyn said...

i think it's absolutely lovely. i can not wait to see it tomorrow, all blocked and everything (hint hint). maybe it'll make an appearance at second lunch?

Christina said...

I love the colors of your Charlotte. She's absolutely stunning. Can't wait to see her blocked!

Chris said...

It's gorgeous! I think the colors are perfectly balanced.