Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Lotus Bloomed too soon?

Well... I *was* really excited that I finished the Lotus Blossom tank. The fabric is beautiful. The little alien heads/lotus blossoms are pretty. But it's just too darn short.





This look might go over well on the weekends but I really wanted to wear this cute little top to work. And while the layered look might be in style...



I'm just thinking not-so-much my style. It takes away from the cute shaping of the neckline and in my opinion looks a little dumb. Nother problem was where the lace began. I'm not exactly well endowed, but my little tykes could peek out at the bottom of the stockinette. If you've got a little more upstairs than I do (I think most women out there do) you may want to consider adding a bit more stockinette just for the sake of decency.

I don't think I knit it wrong. In fact, as I took a look again at the magazine I think it's a fairly short top on the models as well. I just don't own pants that come up to my belly button so I end up with the need for even longer shirts.

So... last night while watching Jimmy Neutron I frogged the top part back to the armpits and picked up the stockinette banner once more. I figure I'll add another 4 inches of stockinette to the top. The lace should start somewhere near my belly button and it'll give me the length I want.

13 comments:

Stacey said...

The new page looks great!! I love the blue background and the banner. I think that you'll be much happier with the longer top...bummer that it means more stockinette for you. I know how painful it is for you:)

michaele said...

I can't seem to get an rss feed to this page! did you turn that off somehow?

CynCyn said...

No RSS feed? Ra-ro. I love the new addy, wish I could do the same. You must really really like the top in order to frog and reknit so quickly! I think it's better to put extra work in now, so that you'll wear it!

JulieFrick said...

Ahhh! Well, it i ssuper-cute, if short. I'm so glad I got to be a vicarious knitter here- forewarend is fore...what? I'm having a Dubya moment. (Fool me once, shame on.....)

Chris said...

I love it! Your new space looks great.

Alas re: the tank. Hopefully it will be speedily remedied.... and I forwarded that info to a friend who's knitting it...

Stephanie said...

Did you get stir-crazy? What's with everybody moving?!?

Jeni said...

the new page looks great!

Glad to hear that you aren't going to scrap it all together.

Kim said...

Love the new place!! Great colors. It stinks the top is too short--at least you have enough of the yarn to make it longer(you do have enough, right?).

Cathi said...

I'm sorry that you had to rip- that always stinks. It looks cute though!

Deb said...

Dang the shortness because it sure is cute. Hope the rework works out well. Love the new site BTW.

Glaistig said...

The new page is fantastic! The blue background is very soothing.

I'm laughing at the little tykes comment (since I'm a member of the same club). I think the tank looks gorgeous. Hopefully with the revision, it'll look just the way you envisioned.

Wanda said...

I got a rss feed just by putting in your blog address on bloglines just fine. So sorry about Lotus Blossom. I think for the larger size for me, it calls for an additional lace repeat. Whenever I do it, I think I will work it, start the stockinette and see how long it is. I may need to add some additional stockinette just to cover the girls too! Even though earlier I said layering was the in thing this year, you're right. It doesn't work with the cute neckline for that tank.

Jenifer said...

Look at you with your new digs! :) Yay to you. I like the new site, and the colors are very pretty. And that lotus blossom -- how cute is that?? Darn you for giving me one more thing that I *must* knit. It's more like, "If Michelle is knitting this on Monday, Jenifer will start it on Wednesday ..." ha ha ha