Thursday, June 29, 2006

Books Books Books

So, I've decided not to buy any more yarn for a little while. I opted for realistic and placed the "deadline" only a couple of months out. I didn't bother with the stash-along this time and opted to make it a personal commitment instead. I did put a ticker at the bottom of this blog though. Gotta keep track of when I'm allowed again.
True to form, since I'm not buying yarn I'm buying patterns. I actually decided to join Crafters Choice. It seems like a decent deal. Especially since I buy the books anyway. I might as well get a discount on them. I got my initial order yesterday.

I love the pattern on the cover of Debbie Bliss Home along with quite a few other patterns in there. The Stitchonary wasn't really necessary but I really like the second one bunches and the first was nice. Vintage Knits is one of those books I've picked up and put back down at least a dozen times. I love the patterns in it.

Oddly enough though, I'm most excited about the Happy Hooker. There are some oh-so-cute things in there. Interweave is also drawing me toward crochet. I really want to make the Jute Espadrilles from their latest Crochet magazine. That and a few other lacy style jackets. I even like that poncho on the cover... Uh oh.

3 comments:

Chris said...

I regularly quit and rejoin Crafter's Choice! Such a good deal. You got some great stuff, too - and the Debbie Stoller book was one of my picks, too!

Wanda said...

That's so funny that you decide to not buy yarn, so you buy books instead. I do the same thing, so I can relate! I'll have to take a look at that Happy Hooker book, I keep hearing good things about it.

Wanda said...

Oh, meant to tell you that your feed updated in Bloglines for me yesterday. Yay!